Sunday, April 7, 2013

Singing Time - "We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet"

I just wanted to remind everyone that the Primary Lesson Manual for 2013 gives suggestions on how to teach a song that you may want to use for one of the "your choice" songs. These hints do not have to apply only to the song they use, "We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet," (Hymns, no. 19). If I were teaching this song, I would adapt this for junior primary by putting an image next to each word strip.

Personally, after much thought, prayer, and conversation with my primary president, I chose:
Page 86 - "An Angel Came to Joseph Smith" (Related well to April and May themes; will teach this one in April)
Page 142 - "Every Star is Different" (Related well to overall theme; will teach this one in May, with June as a back-up, since the children know the June song very well, having sung it in the primary program last year.)
I will be posting about teaching these two songs soon of course, but I may focus only on teaching Mother's Day songs this coming Sunday ... post to come by the end of the week.

View the below instructions online: make sure to go to page 11 or click on the below image to see a larger view. This comes from the LDS 2013 primary sharing time manual:


3 comments:

  1. This is the suggestion for May. April is about the restoration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you. I was aware of that. A lot of people aren't closely following the May or April themes for which songs they are choosing for their optional songs, as they are going by inspiration and what is right for their wards. I just wanted to remind folks that there is inspiration in the sharing time manual that they might want to apply to their April selection. I appreciate your note :)

      Delete
  2. I don't know if you will see this or not, but I am trying to print the word strips from the manual on lds.org. It says "click here for word strips" but whenever I click, it doesn't work. Did you print them from there or make your own?

    ReplyDelete