Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Halloween!

I hope you had a lovely Halloween. Now that I no longer serve in Primary in church with all the kids under age 12, I'm especially grateful to answer the door to all the children in the neighborhood. I love when they ask me, "Do you remember teaching me?" and "Hey, I know you!"

Drawing all of my little visitors helps me to commemorate the day and chuckle a little at their antics. I love when a set of twins (age 4) ran from my door yelling, "I got Play-Doh! I got Play-Doh!" I had a bunch of fun things in my basket - giant candy bars for the big kids and cute toys for the little kids, though of course, sometimes the little kids wanted the giant candy bars and the big kids wanted the toys. I had surprisingly lengthy conversations with many of the children, who know and are comfortable around me, debating which item they should take. "Well, that's a nose flute, I think that might be more fun for a big kid." One child, (age 6) asked about the Dark Chocolate Kit Kats in my basket. "Well," I said, "That's dark chocolate. It's not as sweet as regular Kit Kats. I'm not sure if you would like it as much." She nodded. "Yes, I wouldn't." And then chose the Play-Doh.


No comments:

Post a Comment