Saturday, July 20, 2019

"Come Follow Me" Game - Book of Acts - For Families

To encourage families to dig into and get excited about the Book of Acts the way that I have, I made a little board game that I can see being used for one Sunday afternoon activity or one Monday Family Home Evening. It focuses on getting to know some of the people in Acts in Acts 1-15, and how the people featured in this game were (or weren't!) disciples of Jesus Christ. Each card includes the scripture references that apply to them. I designed this game to move fairly quickly as I want families to be intrigued and enlightened by the wonderful stories in Act, rather than feel like they are doing homework.



Each player draws one of the cards pictured here, reads about a person mentioned in Acts, and based on if that person was a follower of Jesus Christ or not, they either move forward, stay in the same place, or move back. I have rules for easy play (for Primary kids) and for advanced play (for teenagers and adults that might know some of these stories better after personal study).

I have tried many different ways to distribute material on my blog, mostly just having people send me their email addresses. I'm going to try Etsy this time so people can get the files right away, without waiting for me to reply, for the "hefty" fee of 50 cents, ha, ha. I want you to be able to distribute to your students on Sunday, play after church with your families and friends, etc. while we are studying Acts so it was important to me to have this game done and ready to access by Saturday morning!

Find the game on Etsy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment