Friday, September 8, 2017

I wrote a children's book and it's coming out next month! "My Nativity ABCs."

I wrote a book for my primary kids and it's available for pre-order on Amazon!

My Nativity ABCs goes into publication on October 10, 2017.



I love the Christmas songs in the Children's Songbook and I always tried to start singing them with the children as soon as it was remotely appropriate (November 1) until it was time to move on (second week of January). This ABC story focusing on the Nativity is written as rhyming text, inspired by my years as a primary chorister. I've put the story to song in my head.

"My Nativity ABCs" focuses on the nativity story from my perspective of what I want to share about it to the children, as a primary president, primary chorister, and primary teacher. This is largely influenced by recent annual primary themes that are established by church leaders for each year, that we actively think about all year as we work to help the children understand how much God loves them.

1. Choose the Right
2. I Know the Scriptures are True
3. I Know my Savior Lives
4. Families are Forever
5. I Am a Child of God

I tied these themes and other inspiring lessons from the scriptures into this book. For instance, F is about family and faith, which focuses on Theme #4 above.

The talented illustrator Alex Worthen did such a fantastic job with the art for this book. I'm excited to see it hit the shelves next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment