Saturday, November 2, 2013

Christmas Music: "Sleep, Little Jesus" Flipchart

I am so excited about this beautiful song that I discovered while reviewing the Christmas music in the Children's Songbook. I don't think I have ever memorized a primary song this quickly - it is just so beautiful and intuitive that it cements into the mind quickly and easily.

I intended to find some fun, new way to teach this song but I really feel like a song like this is best conveyed through the individual stories that each line of the song tells so I'm at least going to start with a flip chart to introduce and talk about the special message in this song.





You can download a copy of this flipchart. If you have difficulty with downloading from Box.com, you can send me your email address and I will send it to you if I have access to my files.

“Sleep, Little Jesus” from Children’s Songbook, p.47. Text by Mabel Jones Gabbott. Images take from
http://www.lds.org/media-library/images/categories/gospel-art. Flipchart by http://singingmagic.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment