Tuesday, May 4, 2021

"You are not alone. Jesus is here."

 I felt this message from a newly divorced single mom really was a great example about some of the things we talked about in Sunday School on Sunday, as it touches on the discussion around turning to the Lord, and it'll all be okay, and how we can all teach each other, even the little ones.



Verified

“This last year I became a single mom. While it has been the worst of times, it has also been the best as I have felt buoyed up and loved in so many other ways. I have two little boys. They are 15 months apart. They love me not because of what I do but because I am theirs. Their love is unconditional. That is now my job as a mom. It doesn’t matter what they do or what they don’t do. It is to help them know that I love them, their heavenly parents love them, and that that will never change. Going through hard times is part of this life, but I want them to know that I will always be here for them no matter what.

“I have always felt that motherhood is a partnership with fatherhood. Going through the divorce, I often felt so hurt and scared and alone and worried that I am going to have to do this alone. I remember feeling this way and asking my oldest son, ‘How do you feel now that Daddy lives in a different house and we are all alone?’ He simply and beautifully replied, ‘Mommy, we aren’t alone. Jesus is here.’ It made me realize that I co-parent with Him. I let Him take on part of that role that I felt was missing. This has been such a comfort to me. You aren’t alone in motherhood, even if you’re single like I am. You get to partner with our Savior. He knows our pain and what we are going through, and He is the perfect partner on this journey.” —Rachel

This week, may we give thanks to our mothers and all those who have filled that role in our lives. As you give thanks for mom, we invite you to tag @churchofjesuschrist or send us a direct message so we can share your post on Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment