Sunday, April 4, 2021

Easter Sunday

Happy Easter. I'm so grateful for the Savior Jesus Christ. Last week and leading up to Easter on my instagram account @iliketocreatestuff, I've been sharing some background and relevant quotes each day. I'd like to share some of them here, as an accompaniment to all of the beautiful scriptures that Come Follow Me recommends for Easter study. I shared too many quotes to put them all into one post so I've chosen the "intro" I used for each day and tried to stick to only one or two quotes for each day I highlighted.

I also want to share my Easter Sunday message that I posted on my Instagram feed:

Happy Easter! These little juncos have become some of my favorite local birds. They have an inquisitive, gentle nature and prefer to look for their food on the ground, unlike some birds that prefer to work their way up the trunk of a tree looking for insects, or nibbling along on tender branches. I thought it would be appropriate to share my recent painting of them today as I have been pondering the week leading up to Easter Sunday.

In Christianity, we believe in the Godhead, Heavenly Father, his Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. That's one set of three, but there are also many other references that come in threes. In the Bible, in 1 Corinthians 13:13, it talks about the importance of faith, hope, and charity. Dieter F. Uchtdorf called this the three-legged stool that "stabilize our lives regardless of the rough or uneven surfaces we might encounter at the time." He said, "Hope has the power to fill our lives with happiness. ... Hope is the gift of the Spirit. It is hope that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the power of His Resurrection, we shall be raised unto life eternal and this because of our faith in in the Savior." ("The Infinite Power of Hope," Dieter F. Uchtdorf, October 2008).

This Easter Sunday, and every day, I'm grateful for Jesus Christ. He taught, died, and rose again, all for each and every one of us.


My thoughts with some of the accompanying quotes I used to express my thoughts about Easter this week:


The Sunday before Easter



The Monday before Easter





The Tuesday/Wednesday before Easter




The Thursday before Easter



The Friday before Easter



The day before Easter




Easter





No comments:

Post a Comment