Saturday, March 25, 2017

Mother's Day songs

Our Primary sings in sacrament every Mother's Day. Sometimes, it's difficult to find time to learn a new song in time for the program. So, I've made up some Mother's Day songs using tunes that the children already know. You'll see with "Stand for the Right" that I also deliberately stuck with similar words to the original song. These words can be swapped out for Father's Day as well. Although, I'll share some other versions in May for Father's Day.

Enjoy -
Esther


To the tune of “Stand for the Right” on page 159 of the Children’s Songbook


Verse 1
My mother is honest and faithful and true,
It seems that she always knows just what to do,
At work or at play, In darkness or light,
She teaches me always to cho-ose the right.

Verse 2
She makes me feel happy when I feel so blue,
I want to be like her when I’m grown up, too,
At work or at play, In darkness or light,
She teaches me always to cho-ose the right.


To the tune of Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam on page 60 of the Children’s Songbook

Mother is kind and so lo-ving,

She shows her love each day,
I want to be just like Mother,
In all I do and say.

Chorus:
Like Mo-ther! Like Mo-ther!
I want to be just like Mo-ther!
I’ll fol-low, her examp-le,
I’ll be like Mother today!

No comments:

Post a Comment